Monday 1 October 2012

To compete or not to compete

I can't decide whether to compete or not. The thing is, the subject intrigues me and I'm extemely interested (which is always a good thing) but I'm not sure I have the time to give it 100% and I always try to give everything I can - which isn't necessarily a good thing!!

Let me explain, http://yourwardrobeunlockd.com/249-slideshow/616-annual-costume-competition has the Pomp and Court - 1730 - 1760 period and I LOVE that era.  The only thing is I've got an evening dress to do and then from Wednesday I start panto big-time. I know the panto starts 8th December so everything has to be done by then,  but that doesn't leave me alot of time after that (we're off to the inlaws in Ireland for the Christmas period) especially as I'd want to do a lot of hand embroidery. Still, I could do that when in Ireland - it's a possibility!

So I'm going to give it some thought - I have a few ideas I've always had in the back of my mind to do anyway and we'll see what happens....


16th December 2012

Well, life has now resumed as my panto costumes are all done and are now being used, photos to follow on the panto blog and so I'm now thinking seriously about doing a garment for the competition. 

It'll have to be quite theatrical I think, as that is more me and my style so I'm looking round as to what I can do.   Hhhmmm, thinking cap on!

No comments:

Post a Comment