Saturday 19 April 2014

Continuing with the new theme - greens and pinks!


Well, I've finally started again with earnest and am well on my way to making a few outfits ready for Susie to sell on her stalls.

The sun was finally shining and I found this taffeta fabric. I just thought it was a summer fabric and suddenly became excited about it. What to make? I haven't got a huge amount unfortunately so it would have to be a corset-type top using the flower fabric for the front piece and then the plain fabric for the rest of it as I have more of the plain than the rose
 
I then cut out some of the flowers and stiffened them ready to make another 3d effect (I seem to like that at the moment!)
I was going to use the pink netting but decided I wanted to go for a vibrant look and it was too pale. So I found some cerise ribbon I had and used that instead. I've sewn some of the roses on the bodice to make them stand out a bit more and added thinner ribbon down the front panel and then gathered the wider ribbon across the top. I'm going to add some of the cut-out roses along the gathered ribbon and added some beads - well, why not!!

 

This will be ready to sell hopefully tomorrow!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment